Smith System Manufacturing is a leading edge, award winning manufacturer in the educational furniture industry. Take a look at our website at www.smithsystem.com for more about us. If you are a highly energized and motivated person wanting to make a measurable contribution and advance your career with a rapidly growing company, we invite you to challenge yourself and join our team. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to thrive in a dynamic team environment through strong communication and project management skills, and possess a high level of self motivation and accountability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the coordination and precise execution of all material movements in the plant and manages warehousing, receiving, material handling, and production delivery. This role has authority for personnel actions and oversees the day to day operations of the group. This role could potentially expand in the future to include all aspects of material management.
Job Duties in this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure materials required to complete master schedule are available
- Coordinate delivery of material as required by the master schedule in a precise timeframe to point of use
- Ensure inventory accuracy at all times
- Oversee all aspects of material receipt, inventory accuracy and delivery of materials to all departments
- Manage personnel in areas of material receipt, inventory storage, material movement, transaction recording, cycle counting, etc.
- Assist in developing JIT processes and procedures and develop and execute strategies for timely transactions and precise inventory accuracy in a high velocity plant
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business field of study
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years relevant experience
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Experience as a supervisor and working manager
- Experienced in working in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience in working in an industrial manufacturing environment and production and distribution atmosphere
- Experience working in a JIT environment strongly preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package and group benefits.
If you meet the requirements of the above and feel this position is the one you have been looking for, please forward your current resume along with a salary history for confidential consideration.