Smith System – Plano, TX
Smith System Manufacturing is a leading edge, award winning manufacturer in the educational furniture industry. Take a look at our website at www.smithsystem.com for more about us. If you are a highly energized and motivated person wanting to make a measurable contribution with a rapidly growing company, we invite you to challenge yourself and join our team.
The Production/Assembly line lead is responsible for completing their assigned assembly schedules in the most efficient manner possible while ensuring the highest quality standards outlined by Smith System management and ownership.
– Maintaining the company’s continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing project initiatives.
– Manage the effective use of people, material and equipment to meet the quality and production objectives of a production line and the work cells in it
– Participate in cleanliness initiatives.
– Perform other duties as requested by management.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
– 3-5 years leadership experience in manufacturing setting
– High School Diploma or GED required.
– Dependable with good attendance.
– Good reading, writing, math and communication skills are required.
– Able to operate basic hand tools and power tools
– Team Player/leader
– Standing/walking for minimum of 7 hours per day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.