Quality Control Technician
Smith System – Plano, TX
Smith System Manufacturing is a leading edge, award winning manufacturer in the educational furniture industry. Take a look at our website at www.smithsystem.com for more about us. If you are a highly energized and motivated person wanting to make a measurable contribution with a rapidly growing company, we invite you to challenge yourself and join our team.
The quality control tech verifies that incoming parts and manufactured products meet quality specifications as dictated by Smith System Management.
• Inspect quality of products in all inbound containers (Domestic and International)
• Inspect all returned products and manufacturing scrap.
• Make decisions on quality of manufactured products.
• Participate in plant-wide cleanliness initiatives.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Prior quality control experience preferred.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to read product specifications and part drawings
• Dependable with good attendance.
• Good reading, writing, math and communication skills are required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. on an occasional basis and 20 lbs. to 40 lbs. on a frequent basis.
• Standing/walking for minimum of 7 hours per day.
• Ability to use a computer for data entry
• Ability to operate / learn to operate a sit down forklift
• Ability to use measurement devices
• Ability to identify parts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.