Smith System – Plano, TX
Smith System Manufacturing is a leading edge, award winning manufacturer in the educational furniture industry. Take a look at our website at www.smithsystem.com for more about us. If you are a highly energized and motivated person wanting to make a measurable contribution and advance your career with a rapidly growing company, we invite you to challenge yourself and join our Quality Engineering team.
Smith System is a company that succeeds in the market place on the strength of its products and innovations. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to thrive in a dynamic team environment through strong communication and project management skills, and possess a high level of accountability.
Job Duties in this position consist of the following:
- Assist customer service with any customer issues in a timely and professional manner from start to finish, including:
o Determination of the issue
o Resolving issue
o Ensuring corrective actions are implemented to prevent future occurrences.
- Manage engineering change process
- Establish and maintain plan to minimize all manufacturing defects through process improvement and management of inspection teams.
- Maintain / improve purchased part quality via inspection and vendor defect and corrective action documentation
- Continuously improve cost of quality metrics (customer replacements, in-house scrap, etc.)
- Inspect/test new and current parts for adherence to quality standards and vendor compliance
- Communicate directly with vendors: expectations, non-conformance, defects, corrective actions, product improvement collaboration efforts, etc.
- Assist in training of quality and manufacturing personnel.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
This position requires the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field and three years relevant experience preferred, however an equivalent combination of education and related engineering experience will be considered.
- Strong verbal and writing skills are required.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Must have a background in leadership.
- Must be willing to accept accountability and take ownership and responsibility of quality department.
We offer a competitive compensation package and group benefits.
If you meet the requirements of the above and feel this position is the one you have been looking for, please forward your current resume along with a salary history for confidential consideration.