Regional Sales Manager, Mid-Atlantic
Smith System is looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our Sales team as the Regional Sales Manager for the Mid-Atlantic Territory. Candidate would ideally be based in Baltimore, Maryland and service the surrounding states (Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware). Reports to the Vice President of Sales. Smith System Regional Sales Managers promote the innovative Smith System product portfolio through dealers, to end users and to the architect and design community. They are a catalyst for the dealer-base. Job includes living in the territory and traveling to the surrounding states. Managing time, scheduling and staying on top of 21st century changing classroom and commons area trends. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, identifying objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
To promote the Smith System product through dealers, end users and the A&D community.
- Minimum 3 years in furniture sales
- Minimum 3 years in both dealer and manufacturer sales into the k-12 market
- Ability to travel overnight 60% of the time including some weekends
- Computer experience
- Ability to establish a work environment at home
- Work with dealers to conduct dealer sales meetings
- Work with individual dealer sales people to help specify Smith System product for projects and bids
- Call on school districts and major players: superintendents, facilities, purchasing, bond department, curriculum directors, special ed directors
- Know and work with the top A&D companies within the educational market
- Attend national trade shows on behalf of Smith System
- Work state trade shows with dealers
About Smith System Founded in 1905, Smith System has helped American education evolve by being ready with the right furniture at the right time. We’re an industry leader in school furniture innovation; in fact, we’re solely focused on creating furniture for today’s educational environments.