Employee Spotlight – Meet George Nwoye
Last updated on September 20th, 2022
Raul Gonzalez, Production Manager
George Nwoye began working for Smith System on July 19, 2012 as a T-Molder and was then soon promoted to Production Lead. George has always done a great job on the manufacturing lines. He is always looking for other ways to increase the amount of tables he can make. On July 15, 2021, George broke the record of making 1,739 tables in a 10 hour shift. I am so happy to have George as part of the Smith System manufacturing team.
For this month’s edition of our Employee Spotlight series, get to know George Nwoye. Discover the most challenging aspect of George’s job, one thing he could never live without, and his favorite aspects of working at Smith System.
How long have you worked at Smith System?
This is my twelfth year at Smith System and I am a Production Line Lead.
What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
The biggest challenge I face is during the summertime, we are very busy and have many new hires. We spend time training and have new employees shadowing.
What are some of your favorite aspects of your job?
I love to work T-Mold, that's what I do best in this business. As of now, I know I am the fastest in the company.
What's a tool you cannot go without at work?
It's important to have an air hammer and sciccors when installing T-Molds.
Now it’s time for some fun questions! If you had a time machine where would you go, when, and what would you do?
I would go back in time to watch the dinosaurs.
If you could play any instrument, what would it be and why?
I think it would be fun to play in a Jazz Band, I would probably play the drums.
What do you like to do outside of Smith System?
I love to play soccer, one of my favorite teams to watch is Chelsea. I am also a traditional dancer.
(George's wife Esther and his children, Daniel, David, Divine, and Olivia)
What is something you could never live without?
I could not go without my family or my favorite sport, soccer.
- How to Choose Early Childhood Furniture for PreK Classrooms
- Sweet Caroline! Smith System Meets School’s Large, Quick-Turn Furniture Order
- How to Buy School Furniture: 7 Things to Remember, Not Regret
- How School Classroom Furniture Can Improve Student Learning
- Perspiring about Expiring Relief Funds? We Have Quick Solutions
- Stress Less: Create a School Calm Room Students Want to Visit
- Behind the Design: Numbers™ Chair and Desk Suite
- The Right Formula: Smith System Launches Numbers™ Chair and Numbers™ Desk