Smith System® Announces Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Steelcase.
Last updated on August 16th, 2021
To Our Valued Partners,
The team at Smith System wants you to be aware of an announcement that is being made today: that we have entered into a purchase agreement with Steelcase for Smith System® to become part of the Steelcase family of brands.
Although the transaction is still subject to regulatory approval, we are making an announcement now because we are very excited about the opportunity this creates for our business and all our dealer partners. Following the completion of the transaction, Smith System® will continue to operate under its brand as an independent subsidiary.
Our product offering will continue to be available to school districts through our existing network of independent dealers, as an open line manufacturer. You will continue to have access to the entire Smith System® line, and our leadership team will remain in place. Myself, the management team and all of our team members will stay dedicated to our hard earned and longstanding partnerships.
This partnership will help us continue to invest in our business, and allow us to create new and innovative products while maintaining the same level of quality, responsiveness, and customer service you have come to expect from Smith System.
We are excited to share more details in the coming weeks, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
The Smith System® Team
For further information please contact
Molly Risdall Parnell – email@example.com
Media Inquiries please contact:
Katie Pace – KPACE@steelcase.com
- Sanctuary in the Storm: How Classroom Design Can Promote Social-Emotional Learning
- The Post-Pandemic Classroom: Will Technology Still Drive Design?
- Employee Spotlight–Meet The Lopez Family
- How to Get Students Back on Track Using High-Impact Tutoring Spaces
- Welcome to Flowform® Outdoor, Smith System’s new upholstered furniture for outdoor learning spaces
- Peace of Mind: Why Classroom Air Purifiers are Here to Stay
- Smith System® Launches New, Mobile Air Purifying Unit for Learning Spaces
- Employee Spotlight – Meet David De Hoyos