1. Information We Collect
1.1 Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include:
• Information you provide to us by completing forms on our website: For example, your name, contact, and address information, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our website;
• Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, phone number, employer, and any other details you provide in your communications. Smith System may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
• Transaction information when you purchase products or services from us: For example, if you make purchases with your credit card, we use your credit card information for shipping, billing, and credit card validation purposes;
• Information about your activity in connection with our Services, including your device information (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions with respect to our products and services)
• Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site, such as traffic analytics, geolocation information, and other statistics; and
• Information about your activity on our Sites, including your device information (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the website).
We will only use personal information to provide you with information, products, or services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
1.2 Information from Children. Smith System does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, include by subscribing to receive information from Smith System. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
2. How We Use Information
Smith System may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
• To deliver our products and Services;
• To provide our support services;
• To process any financial transactions you make on our Site.
• To keep your information secure, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
• To alert you about product updates, special offers, updated information and other news and services from Smith System;
• To ensure our website and services are relevant to you and your interests;
• To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
• To contact you in response to sign up forms or requests such as our Project Quote or Contact Us forms.
3. How Information May Be Shared
Smith System will never sell or rent any of your personal information, and we will never share your personal information publicly without your consent. However, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our products and Services. For example, we may partner with other companies to process your payments or store your data to support delivery of our products or Services. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, to protect Smith System’s legal rights and property, and to comply with the law or law enforcement. Otherwise, your personal information is never shared with any individual or other organization.
4. Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously, and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. Smith System has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that Smith System collects. Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Smith System cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Email Notifications
We try to keep email communications to a minimum, and give you the ability to choose to receive marketing communications we may send. For example, we may send you email relating to the products or Services we provide. You may also choose to receive certain marketing email communications, from which you may opt out at any time. You can always opt out of receiving email from Smith System by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in all our emails, or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Smith System as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. This is a case by case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it was collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may be legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
7. Questions, Comments, or Complaints