Smith System Limited 12 Year Warranty with Lifetime Frame Warranty
The following Smith System warranty applies to products shipped after February 28, 2013
Smith System Manufacturing Company promises to repair or replace any Smith System brand product or component that is substantially defective in material or workmanship for twelve years and lifetime for metal frames on chairs and tables for the original purchaser, or at our election give a credit up to the invoice price of the product only. This is your sole and exclusive remedy for products found by Smith System to be defective. This warranty, which runs from the date of shipment, is subject to the limitations, exclusions and other provisions below.
Smith System may repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any portion of the subject product, which proves to be defective under the terms of this limited warranty at no further cost to the buyer. Smith System shall be liable under this limited warranty only for the cost or, at its option, the repair or replacement of defective products. Smith System will not pay labor costs associated with repairs or replacements. All incidental or consequential damages which may arise, including, but not limited to, lost profits, personal property damage, and third party liabilities are hereby expressly excluded. Likewise, Smith System will not be responsible for any damage to customer’s property caused by incompatibility of the product with customer’s flooring and other customer property.
This warranty does not apply and no other warranty applies to:
• Normal wear and tear, which are to be expected over the course of ownership.
• Defects caused by abusive or abnormal use of the product.
• Damage caused by the carrier in transit, which will be handled under separate terms.
• Modifications or attachments to the product that are not approved by Smith System.
• Products that were not installed, used or maintained in accordance with product instructions and warnings.
• One year on all moveable/high wear parts (pneumatic lifts, casters, glides, bushings, nest and fold mechanism etc).
• One year on all electrical components.
• One year on whiteboard Cascade storage surfaces.
• Limited one year on Formica dry erase markerboard -90 laminates.
Smith System products are not intended or warranted for outdoor use. In addition, some natural color variations occurring in plastics, laminates, paints, or other natural materials are inherent to their character, and cannot be avoided. Therefore, they are not considered defects. Smith System does not warrant the color-fastness or matching of colors, grains or textures of such materials. Customer’s own materials selected by and used at the request of a user are not warranted.
Please contact Smith System at 1-800-328-1061 if you have further questions.